- End racial profiling of people on our public transit system and ensure access without fear of criminalization or deportation to all residents.
- Terminate the Memorandum of Understanding between Transit Police and CBSA.
- Stop turning people over to CBSA and stop enforcing federal immigration law, particularly given that most Transit Police referrals to CBSA are for situations where no warrant even exists.
- Ensure that a range of identification is accepted as sufficient to verify identity when needed.
- Remove CBSA phone numbers as well as all immigration-related databases from Translink and Transit Police databases.
The existing system of co-operation between the Metro Vancouver Transit Police, TransLink and the Canadian Border Services Agency (CBSA) disproportionately targets the working class, low-income earners, and people of colour. The IWW stands against the systemic racism embodied in this system.
We ask that all members and allies take a moment to sign this petition.